Tuesday, May 26, 2009

STRUT photos are in!

Yep, the photos are in! This collection was shown May 16th at STRUT, a benefit for Basic Rights of Oregon. It was a pleasure to share a new collection at a well produced and attended show. The models were great, production was smooth, and there was an amazing drag queen show after the runway! (oh and I scored two free haircuts too!)

This collection was inspired by a box full of Pendelton Wool blanket scraps that were gifted to me. I explored what would happen if I incorporated these traditional and sacred patterns into modern sportswear. My goal was for each pattern to resonate through out the garment all the while obtaining the sensitivity of modern clean lines. It was important to keep the line contemporary which called for classic cuts and colors that were easy to wear. The wool accented and finished each piece.

STRUT Slide Show

STRUT 09

No comments:

Post a Comment